In the world of medium and large companies, positions on teleworking are divided.
In the world of medium and large companies, positions on teleworking are divided. For executives like Reed Hastings – Co-Founder and CEO of Netflix “It’s much more difficult to debate ideas”. While for others like Sebastián Nieto Parra, OECD Head for Latin America and the Caribbean, “Digital transformation is not an opportunity but a necessity”. The pandemic accelerated this process of digital transformation and forced organizations to repair their work models to analyze the benefits and barriers of this new modality. So have companies become more productive? Those that were better prepared with cloud-based IT infrastructure and collaborative tools are undoubtedly the ones that have been able to optimize many of their tasks and make tasks more efficient. In this article, we zoom in on both bells of this new ecosystem and what digital solutions you have at your fingertips to increase the productivity of your teams while working remotely.
Strengths of teleworking that impact productivity:
– Eliminate travel time to and from work by providing the ability to invest that time in being more connected and arriving on time for meetings.
– Provides greater flexibility, directly impacting the motivation and happiness of employees, since it allows them to better manage the balance between personal and work life.
– With the boom in video calls, it is no longer necessary to move from the office to get to a meeting or an event. Meetings usually start and end on time.
– Saves costs, both for the company and for the employee by reducing investments in physical space, electricity and energy (for companies) and costs associated with transportation and travel expenses (for employees).
– Provides a new talent recruitment and retention tool for HR, as employees are often more willing to trade a “cool” office for the comfort of a partially or fully remote position. Especially taking into account the new generations that see teleworking as a non-negotiable asset. Barriers to work that impact productivity:
– It can generate more difficulty connecting because you have more distractions.
– Limits the possibility of separating personal life from work.
– It affects the communication of the teams by not having the possibility of having a face-to-face dialogue and exchanging ideas and opinions.
– Spaces for exchange that create corporate culture are minimized.
– It can be more difficult to keep track of tasks and control your team. The challenge? Finding the balance between both fronts and ensuring that your teams have the right tools to be able to transform weak points into opportunities for creativity, communication and information security.
With us, you will find a portfolio of products designed so that you can work remotely with your teams in an agile, safe and efficient manner. Discover collaborative tools like Dropbox for business, Teams, Office 365; First level infrastructure for working in the cloud such as TLine Cloud, AWS, Azure; IBM cloud; and legally binding digital signature platforms. All with the possibility of operating your subscriptions from a single console and with permanent support. Still not connected?